Re: Spacer casting

To: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>,
Subject: Re: Spacer casting
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 06:13:18 -0400
I tried to modify a 1600 rad and the problem was the filler neck would be
too high and the hood wouldn't close. Fortunately I used a spray paint can
top, placed on the rad  to test the clearance first. I figure that's why the
filler is where it is on a 2L rad.

However a filler can be spliced into the upper rad hose and then a 240
thermo elbow can then be used w/slight modification. The RL 411 neck can be
used also, but are they still available?

BTW, a good welder can fix it and then a machine shop can grind it down to
get the surface smooth and straight.

Mike