Gary Boone's Electronic Distributor

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Gary Boone's Electronic Distributor
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 21:22:01 -0400
After my recent adventure with the wires of my Pertonix wires being cut by
my rotor and leaving me temporarily stranded I decided to purchase one of
Gary's distributors based on the comments of several Listers who bought one.

I was surprised at the very professional conversion job and with the
detailed instructions provided including part numbers to purchase spare
parts if it is ever needed. Moreover he supplies an Accel dizzy cap and
rotor which are far superior to NOS parts and anything else you can buy
currently.

While I haven't installed it yet I am positive it will offer a marked
improvement over the Pertronix conversion due to the fact that no ballast
resistor is used and an MSD or other coil can be used just like many new
cars and there are no errant wires that can be cut by a rotor.

While this may appear to be a plug - and it is, I have no qualms if it can
help some of you.

With the poor quality points sold today, it is a great addition to have. My
friend who works for Standard Parts agrees that the points made today are
inferior to those available yesteryear.

I'll give a 'running' report when I install it in 2 weeks. Hopefully it'll
tame my idle and clean up some of my minor running issues.

Mike