Re: Wheels

To: "Jessica" <windsurfer@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: Wheels
From: "Daryl Smith" <darylsmith@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 14:44:10 -0700
I have recently purchased and installed a set of  '82 280ZX Turbo aluminum
wheels on my '66 (completely stock body) along with Falken 185/65/15 tires.
Everything fits well with the exception of a tiny bit of rubbing (on hard
cornering) on one side due to the body being off center by more than 1/2
inch (I thought I centered it when I put the body back on). When I correct
that there will be no rubbing.
The 185/65/15 tires are a little taller than stock, which means I have to
watch my speed, but overall the ride and handling are much improved over the
175/70/14 tires
that were on there before. ( Hard not to improve over snow tires!)
I was surprised during the install at the weight difference between the
rims. The 280 Rims (15x6) seemed to be at least 5 lbs lighter than the stock
(14x4) rims they replaced. I like the looks and get a lot more comments on
the street also. Will repost to 311s.org when I get pictures.
Daryl
'66 1600
Vancouver, BC