Re: Wheels

To: "Jessica" <windsurfer@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: Wheels
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:17:02 -0700
You may want to get a slight offset (positive I believe, like 11mm - 15mm)
to properly center the wheel.  If they will let you try, then do
that.  Yes, 4x4.5 is correct, but our lugnuts are 7/16" while most Datsuns
(510, Z) are 12mm, so lugnuts will not interchange.  They can look nice,
not my favorite, but if you like them, then go for it.

At 05:05 PM 9/20/2002 -0400, Jessica wrote:
>As my quest continues, I came across a wheel that interests me??  I wonder if
>a wire wheel will fit the Datsun Roadster.  I know that it's not standard but
>it may look nice.  I spoke with a company called Supremewire and they sell
>wire wheels 14 x 6 with a zero offset and they have an adapter that is made
>for Datsun's with a wide bore grease cap.  Has anyone ever used a wire wheel
>and/or any opinions/suggestions?  Do you think that a standard 14 x 6 will
>fit?
>
>Also, is the correct bolt pattern 4 bolt x 4.5 "?
>I am having a hard time visualizing wire wheels but I think that they may look
>nice.
>
>Any suggestions are welcomed.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Best Regards,