Re: Turn signal won't work

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Turn signal won't work
From: matthew peterson <pete_303@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:21:22 -0700 (PDT)
Hey everyone,
I checked the two flashers under the dash today by switching the wires and
found no change.  I also checked to see if there was any glue on the contacts
and found none.  I did find that a tiny spring on my driver side floor that I
deduce connects the white plastic piece that is at the end of the turn stalk to
the (tetter-toter) toggle.  Does anyone think this could be the problem?  Is
this the path the electricity takes? (through the spring)
Matt Peterson '68 1600
 Tom Hendricksen wrote:Matt,

You should have two flashers under the left side of the dash. They are both the
same. One for the turn signals, the other for the 4 way flashers. If you are
wondering about one or the other you can just swap them and see what happens.
If the trouble moves, it is the flasher. If the trouble is no different, look
somewhere else.

Tom
69 2000
Portland