Re: While on the subject of tops - another Q re canvas

To: <SPL311RDST@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: While on the subject of tops - another Q re canvas
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 15:41:21 -0400
In my Miata handbook they don't recommend lowering or raising the top in
temps below 45* unless it's in a heated garage.

Leave the top up for a little while to stretch and take a fit. I disagree
that a new top should be looser than tighter as tops stretch just like shoes
do after usage. Wetting down a canvas top will enable it to stretch more.

Mike