SEROC - Road Atlanta - weather??

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: SEROC - Road Atlanta - weather??
From: "Leonard Sprague" <sprague@ufl.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 21:12:17 -0400
Hey Seroc,

I need some advice.

The weather for Road Atlanta is driving me crazy!

        - http://www.weather.com/weather/local/30517
        - http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USGA0069_f.html

My mechanic, Mark, is concerned about trailering the car from Tampa, FL to
Braselton, GA for Road Atlanta. (approximately a 16 hour drive roundtrip).
He doesn't think anyone else will be there, races will be canceled, etc.

Who else is still definitely planning to go? I'm still planning to come...
even if I don't bring the car.

Here's why:

 - the car does not have ANY weather-stripping on doors or trunk. Though, I
think we could use a lot of towels, some plastic wrap, duct tape, and some
luck... we should be fine. If we aren't, it'll just be soaked... nothing new
for FL.

 - safely transporting the roadster on a large flat trailer through FL->GA
in possible heavy rain on I-75 is a concern. I don't usually drive around
with trailers. Are there any problems or safety concerns we should have??

 - Here's the weather for I-75 on Friday:
"http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/driving/interstate/cities?day=2&ix=75
&dir=ns&reg=us"

Who believes in the weatherman anyway???

All that being said.... I still REALLY WANT TO GO!!! I want to drive up
there in something! Mark is more reluctant and is warning against it
(safety, weather, etc.) and doesn't think we should go. Mark has put a lot
of work into this car recently and we'd rather not chance hurting the car...
or ourselves.

any advice? ideas? votes of confidence? please???

Does anyone know if the races would be cancelled??

wishing for better weather...

-Lenny
http://rabbit.circa.ufl.edu/gallery/roadster

p.s. - I can hear it now from the guys in CA, "Rain? What's that???"