The Glen!

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Glen!
From: "Mark Dent" <mark@dealermats.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:45:44 -0400
Shasta of the East is over,

My Father, his dog, and I had a great weekend at Watkins Glen this year.
After the founders tour Friday, and the reinactment through Main St. Friday
afternoon, many of us relaxed at Thee Golden Knight Motel with a cookout.
Members of MADROC and DRONE filled all but 3 rooms this year!

The show and shine was Saturday morning,

Mike Baker took best 2000 for his beautiful 70 2000.  If you have a 2000
Roadster Calendar it was the January photo.  Our very own DatsunMike took best
1600 for his H20 powered 66.  After following his experiences on the list for
the last few years, It was a pleasure to see it in person.  It also helped Ian
Miller (H20 also) fix his carb linkage.  Thanks Mike!  I got best of show for
my 64 1500 for the 2nd year.  I think it helped to have the only 1500 this
year.  As for the photo in the paper, that was the only time the whole weekend
I was not driving my car, so I get my Dad in the paper, not me!

All in all a fun weekend, temps in the 80's.   I will post photos soon.

Mark
Baltimore MD U.S.A.
63 & 64 1500's   68 1600
www.datsunroadsters.com