Datsuns at the Glen - Race Results

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Datsuns at the Glen - Race Results
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:09:15 -0400
Barry Brown of Rochester, NY took 1st place in F in an ex Bob Sharp car
(1600)

Dick Tillinger of Olean , NY came in 2nd place in D in an ex Bob Sharp car
(2000)

Mike Unger of Gloucester, VA came in 3rd Place in CP (240Z)

Bob Middleton of Herndon, VA raced in TU but I don't remember where he
placed (510)

There were 3 Roadsters, 2 510s, 1 610 and about 6 Zs racing this past
weekend which is a vast improvement when the first Roadster meet in '87 took
place and Dick Tillinger was the only Datsun racing.

FWIW, Datsun will be the featured marque at Summit Point in a few weeks
time. I hope I have enough vacation time left to be able to attend the races
and cheer all the above racers on. Hey Jim, now you have an excuse to go for
a weekend in your Datsun - either of them.

Barry Brown of Ritter Racing has some excellent long sleeve shirts for sale
with all the old racers on one sleeve - Fitzy, Sharp, Newman, Posey, Morton,
etc. and a picture of a Roadster, Z and 510 on the back. All proceeds are
used for his racing fund so buy plenty :)

I will try to get his e-mail address or other contact info.

Moreover, Barry designed and built the body for Brock Yates' new hot rod you
may have read about and will be designing a new improved suspension for it
also. It's powered by a Viper motor and soon to be powered by a 533CI Hemi
also. He had help on the project of course but he did a lot of the work. A
very talented and genuinely nice guy.

Mike