Also carbs

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Also carbs
From: Marko Lahtinen <lahtinen_marko@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 13:37:57 +1000 (EST)
My carbs will not balance except at quite high rpm.
When I try to reduce the rpms, it goes completely out
of balance and I get almost no airflow in one and
plenty in the other.  if i start at low rpms and turn
the fuel adjustment screws to get the carbs in
balance, the revs rise from 1000 to 2500 or more.  (I
have a balancer).  what is also odd is that there is a
big difference in the number of turns from fully tight
(down) each carb needs to achieve this balance.

as for mixture, it seems to make no difference to the
above if I have the mixture nuts fully up and lean or
4 turns down and rich.  in fact, it seems to be rich
even if fully lean.  previous list advice basically
has been to revisit the needles so I will once the
balance is sorted.

So, any ideas on the balance issue, anyone?  These are
supposedly rebuilt carbs (i have a bad feeling)  and i
don't think I am that bad at following instructions on
how to do it.

Thanks

Marko
64 1500 with R16 (metric, stroker)
Sydney

http://mobile.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger for SMS
- Now send & receive IMs on your mobile via SMS