RE: finally

To: "Datsun Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: finally
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 10:30:23 -0700
Your suspicion is correct, it won't idle like today's cars, but it should still
be able to idle smoothly at well under 1000 rpm.

Did you do all the other tuneup steps first before doing the carbs? Ignition,
timing, valve adjustment, air filter, etc? Always do the carbs last.

Even at that, if the engine has a lot of wear and the compression isn't even, it
still won't run as smoothly as a fresh motor.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA