Re: more carb questions

To: lahtinen_marko@yahoo.com.au, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: more carb questions
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 12:42:31 EDT
 Hello,

       Unless you have the early needles that have the numbers stamped into
the holder end rather than the later ones with them painted on it is very
hard to tell.
       Check the needles for shiny spots while you have them out looking for
numbers. The normal finish is slightly satin, shiny indicates wear. Check the
float levels and also the nozzles for wear. Also check the throttle shaft
bushingd for vacume leakage.
       For the stock 1600 I have had good luck with the British ADQ needle.
Not sure if it would be the best choice for a stroker but it would be a good
start and most likely better than the Nissan needles. If you can not find ADQ
needles (not normally available in the U.S., don't know about AU.) I can send
you a pair.

                                           keith williams