RE: 1965 1600 Roadster For Sale

To: Craig <cworrall@pacbell.net>
Subject: RE: 1965 1600 Roadster For Sale
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 18:47:11 -0700 (PDT)
Craig, I have no doubt that your ID Tag says 196"5".
The is probably stamped by the dealer, as is my "6".
The fact is there are 27 '66 SPL311's listed on the
311's.ORG registry with earlier SN's than yours.  In
fact, If you look, you'll see that yours is also
listed as a '66 under a previous owner's name.  The
dealer could stamp whatever they wanted to on the tag,
but usually opted for a later rather than earlier
year. Just one of the fun things about these cars...

No doubt, yours and mine (and at least 26 other known
'66's were actually manufactured in 1965.  I've seen
info indicating Nissan claims to have made between 694
and 751 SP311's (right hand drive) with model year
'65, but have seen SPL-311-00001 to 06900 as model
year 1966.

Of course, as with all roadster "facts", this is far
from carved in stone, and as often the case, I may be
all wet.  Just thought I'd comment on an interesting
topic.

BTW, what is your engine #?, I,m guessing something
over R-1800 (mine is 1753).

It does look like a very nice '66. Good luck!

Mike Harper
'66 1600
Charleston SC

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1854630408&rd=