Re: Temperature Gauges

To: audela2 <audela2@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: Temperature Gauges
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 07:38:58 -0700 (PDT)
You have the old-style 1600 sender with a screw.  I
had that,(cast iron head) and when I replaced it my
new one came with a bullet connector. Changing
connectors should not be a problem, but I'd just
replace the old one with a new one (available at NAPA,
or any parts place). ( I think the Beck Arnley # is
201-0247). It would be too bad to change connectors
just to find out that the old one is shot. Be careful
with your Grand Nut (25251-30100 early, or
25251-37700-after engine # R-40,000)that holds it in,
because it will mangle easily.  These are still
available from Nissan. Someone mentioned the voltage
regulator. (25020-14600-early, including 1967) You
would need one for the new gauge.  It regulates the
fuel and temp gauges, and I doubt that it would make
any difference that you only have one.  Has your car
been changed to negative earth?  I am assuming so.

Good Luck

Mike Harper
'66 1600
'68 2000