Re: Oil pressure gauge question

To: Alex Avery <aavery@rica.net>
Subject: Re: Oil pressure gauge question
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 17:19:16 -0500 (CDT)
Alex,

What year is you car? The early oil pressure gauges are electric, while
the later ones are mechanical. The early oil pressure gauges worked on the
full 12V and not on the instrument regulator.

I believe the roadsters went to mechanical oil pressure gauges in 68, but
I am not sure.

It sounds as if you have a late car that has a hose connecting the engnie
to the chassis, and a sttl line from there to the gauge cluster. It sounds
as if you had two failures that just happened to happen at about the same
time. Failure of a hydraulic line where the pressure on one end doesn't
make it to the other end is quite unusual, but it can happen if the hose
(or steel line) is crimped.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner