Way OT: Would you buy a Subaru?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Way OT: Would you buy a Subaru?
From: John F Sandhoff <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 23:40:14 -0700 (PDT)
I'm keeping the Roadsters.
I'm keeping the 510.
But the Dodge minivan has got to go...

Many of us maintain a boring car along with our preferred Datsun
rides. I'm calling upon the wisdom of the group to help steer
me in the right direction: Would you buy a current-generation
Subaru? I'm considering a Forester or Outback wagon. I don't need
the AWD but it comes standard. I need room to haul the dogs (and
extra Datsun parts...). The base models are 4 bangers but the
6 cylinders are $$$. And they all require smog checks :-(.

Would anyone recommend either of these models? Would anyone
avoid them? Options to get, options to pass on?

And who markets a good preferred extended warranty? I want an inclusive
one (covers everything but exceptions) rather than the more common
exclusive ones (covers only listed things). The Dodge taught me the
importance of an extended warranty - too bad I didn't have one...

Flames off-list, please. Replies too, unless you want to clutter
the list like I just did (and my apologies to those I may offend -
but I trust this group's opinions and really want to hear what you
have to say).

-- John
      John Sandhoff  sandhoff@csus.edu  Sacramento, CA