Re: Roadster vs. Mike Ditka (was Re:350z)

To: "Adam Bradley" <ambradley@yahoo.com>, "Marc Sayer"
Subject: Re: Roadster vs. Mike Ditka (was Re:350z)
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 17:19:57 -0500
Back in the good ol days Solexes and other competition equipment were
available from many car makers although the equipment did not meet emissions
standards. Don't remember how they got around the laws but things were
looser back then.

Some car company's such as Chevy and Ford, when you ordered a certain model
of Mustang and Camaro, put parts in the trunk that you would have to install
yourself to get around emission laws. This was done to homologate the car
because the car was equipped with the parts but they weren't installed. Cute
way of bending the rules.

Maybe the Solexes were for "Off Road Use Only" I don't remember.

Mike