Re: Datsun roadster station wagon?

To: RoadsterGB@aol.com
Subject: Re: Datsun roadster station wagon?
From: Marc Sayer <marc@gracieland.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 14:06:42 -0800
The idea of taking a sports car and making a more utilitarian vehicle from the
same body has a solid history. The Volvo P1800 and MGB are two examples that
showed how well the idea can work. While the MGB GT was not a wagon, it did
offer a variation of the MGB roadster that was much more functional. The MGB GT
was probably one of the best efforts at this of all time. Many feel that the MGB
GT is actually better looking than the MGB. Having driven both in snowy, cold,
winter weather I can attest to how much nicer the GT was. Ditto in the desert,
with the dealer installed a/c. I think this is a great idea. You get a car that
handles like a sports car yet is functional and suited for all weather. If it
worked aesthetically for the MGB, it also could probably work for the Roadster,
given how similar the body designs are.

Rob, I'd like to see some more shots of this.

--
Marc Sayer
82 280ZXT