Design Study

To: " roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Design Study
From: "Pre-Zee" <Pre_Z@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 23:02:52 -0800
There was some talk about the styling of the rear of the Datsun roadsters a
week or so ago.  I don't have much of a problem with the back design myself,
but I feel like the nose had a chunk chopped off.  I guess I am a child of
1970's sports cars 240Z & such, & expect a more pointed nose on a "sports
car".

I got to thinking about this & have been studying car designs over on the
Ewa model car site (www.ewa1.com).  The one thing I am finding is cars I
find to be similar in design (take "similar" VERY liberally) all seem to be
from the 1950's.  Cars with an 'abrupt' nose like our Datsuns, or the
proportions, or a reminiscent line in the body work.

I know all those 1960's cars were pretty similar in basic shape, but are
they all 'leftovers' from the 1950's?

Was the 240Z such a sensation because it was the first fresh idea in 20
years?

What thoughts are out there?  I'm still chewing on this.

Here's some I see similarities in.  Yes it is a stretch on the first one,
but -I- see roadster in it.

1950'd Borgward
http://ew1.com/md/sem10151.jpg
and 1950's Ferrari