Mid-close gears and shifter throw

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Mid-close gears and shifter throw
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 19:37:11 -0800
Hey All,

Last night I was watching Speedvision and the European touring car road race
championships were on. Lots of Audis, BMWs, and Mercedes chasing each other
around. I always notice the microscopic distance if the gear shift throw on
these cars. Obviously they are special race cars.

Then I drive my 1500 around and it is an eternity between 2nd and third. How
much difference if any do mid-close and ultra-close boxes have on throw?

Looking at getting a mid-close setup on my 67 2000. I seem to remember
Victor Laury telling me he wasn't all that happy with his mid-close setup.

Opinions? Info?

Andrew Murphy
1964 1500
1967 2000 Solex