Re: Wheels

To: Andrew Murphy <solex67@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Wheels
From: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 13:13:02 -0800
Andrew Murphy wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> No, I am not going to ask what wheel fits. There have been many recent
> threads on that lately. Mine has to do with look and function.
>
> It seems that most people who are looking for a race style wheel are going
> with Panasports. Is this just because they are readily available? I am
> looking at a set of American Racing Libres. I like the Daisy look better
> than the minilite look of the Panasports.
>
> Anyone have an opinion as to which wheel would be better for handling,
> endurance, style...etc? Since my car is going to be a black car, how hard
> would it be for me to paint or powder coat my wheels to match?
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Andrew Murphy

Andrew,
Either painting or powder coating is possible with aluminum
wheels.  Painting is slightly tricky and needs a special primer
for the paint to stick.  If you take the wheels to a shop, they
should know that already.  If you do it yourself, ask the paint
supply place what kind of primer to use for the aluminum.
Bob
67.5
Moscow