Re: Driveline Rebuild

To: "Ed Wilsey" <Kensington_FC@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Driveline Rebuild
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 18:21:54 -0500
Ed,

On the 4 speeds always replace the countershaft and the caged bearings. Be
sure to check the races in the countergear as they frequently are scored
from bad bearings.

I'd replace all the synchros of course and check the end play on 3rd too as
Nissan makes various c-clips to compensate for wear.
Also check end play on the reverse idler and of course on the counter gear.

I would also invest in some new main gear bearings. Check the shifter rods
for wear also.

I rebuilt mine and it wasn't too bad/hard to do BUT you need to invest in
some tools.

Mike