ballast resistor - solved

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: ballast resistor - solved
From: "Dave Mehl" <waterback@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 08:52:01 -0800
First of all let me thank everyone for their help.

The reason for the confusion was that the ballast resistor was already gone,
and since I didn't know what one looked like to start with, I wasn't sure
what to remove. Now, thanks to all the list help, problem solved.

I also contacted Gary Boone by phone (since I was installing one of his EI
dizzies) and he was quite helpful and supportive. His product is nicely
done, and easily installed. (if you know what a ballast resistor looks like)
My roadster is up and running very well again and I can't wait for the
summer NOWROC runs.

One last question. (for now) I have installed a multi tip sparkplug.
NGK-BP6ET. Since I now have a hotter spark with the EI, should I go with a
wider plug gap, or stay with the book setting?

Thanx again,

Dave.
1969 2000