Re: ballast resistor?- turn sig feed

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ballast resistor?- turn sig feed
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 10:11:44 EST
In a message dated 12/5/01 11:49:35 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
jon_wissler@pngc.com writes:

>         The ballast resistor is that rectangular white ceramic block
> mounted on the firewall under the coil.  There should be two wire leads
> going to it.

I assume that the ballast resistor is being removed from the system for the
up-rated elect dizzy ( most elect. ign. want a full 12v).

 Something to watch out for : on MY car,  '70 1600, there are more than just
the two "in" and "out" wires on the ballast resistor. One of the extra wires
is a feed off the 12v ign switched side (not the lower voltage resisted side)
... it goes back to the fuse box and is the 12v switched supply for the turn
signals. . Kinda nice to have those....

I'm pretty sure it's the stock wiring config. It all looks perfectly normal
on my car, but I don't know if it was a "repair" done by a PO.

Just a warning to look out for those extra wires at the resistor ! If it's
like mine, you'll need to do some extra re-connecting.

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
AzROC
Chandler, AZ