RE: Starter removal

To: <VulForge@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Starter removal
From: "Daniel Beatty" <daniel@nowroc.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 14:17:25 -0800
>From the NOWROC FAQ page:
http://www.nowroc.com/Webpages/FAQ/StarterRemoval.htm

Daniel Beatty
NOWROCer
65 1600

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of
VulForge@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 11:28 AM
To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Starter removal

       I hate to ask a question I know has been answered a hundred
times, but
I've forgotten how to access the archives, and heard they have been iffy

anyway.
       Does the triangle piece between the body and frame DO anything,
or
should I just cut it out?  It looks like I can either remove it or I
will
have to take off the header.
       The reason for the starter removal is that something has come
loose
from the starter or somewhere and jammed into the flywheel.  Looks like
chunk of aluminum, but I haven't extracted it yet.  I think the flywheel
will
be okay(it does have a chipped tooth) but I may be in the market for a
starter.  I need to get it out and find if it is missing anything.
       Any help or advise will be appreciated!

Russ
67 1600

http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool