Re: steering wheel question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: steering wheel question
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 08:04:17 -0600
Disagree. ;-)

My very early '68 2000 had a later steering box in it.
No problems on handling, and steering felt great. I did
not install it, but noticed the later box when I bought
the car.

Chris Coker -- maybe you can get an early car with later
steering on your suspension machine to test out. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom Walter

P.S. I've driven a couple of roadsters with HORRIBLE
steering response. In one case the idler arm bolts
were loose, in another the upper a-arm bolts were
loose.  For the car with the loose idler arm, ahem
a mechanic told the owner a "whole front end was snot,
needed about $1200 in work". Ahem, I think that mechanic
needed a nice punch to the nose to see the problem!