Re: tire size for a roadster

To: ambradley@yahoo.com, bungii69@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tire size for a roadster
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 03:16:31 EST
Recently I was thinking of going to a smaller size tire.  I have been running
with a set of Yokohama A032R's, 195x60-14.  They are mounted on a set of
Panasport 14x6 rims.  They work well and they stick awesome on the track.

I have been thinking of going to a 185x60-14 on the same 14x6 rim.  It seems
to me that the contact patch will be roughly the same because of the width of
the wheel.  But the profile will end up being lower.  Lower profile... more
stable tire...?  Also a tire with a smaller circumference means slightly
quicker off of the line.  Oh... the weight is less too.

It sounds like a winning combination to me.  Any ideas from the tire and
suspension experts?  Anyone interested in a good-used set of DOT Race tires?
They have 75 percent tread left on them?  And they stick like stink!

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/calspeed1/motorsports.html";>Calspeed Datsun
Motorsports</A>

///