Re: Washers on manifold to block bolt

To: Mical Davis <drivemach1@yahoo.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Washers on manifold to block bolt
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 18:28:49 -0800 (PST)
Mical,

I assume you know that not all of the washers on the
manifold are not supposed to be the thick ones, at
least not on my 1600. I believe the thick ones only go
on the studs where the exaust and intake manifolds do
not overlap.  I may of course be dead wrong...it
happens often...

Mike Harper
Charleston SC
--- Mical Davis <drivemach1@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> I am putting my manifold assembly together after
> replacing the manifold gasket and all of the coolant
> hoses and am missing a couple of the thick washers
> that go on the bolt that connects the manifold to
> the
> head.  I though I would simply be able to call an
> autoparts store or run down to the local garage and
> find such a washer, but no luck.  I also went to the
> nearest junk yard and he indicated that he didn't
> have
> anything like it either.  I'll probably try to find
> import speciality junkyard tomorrow, but wanted to
> querry the list for other possiblities.  Anyone on
> the
> list have a couple of washers they would part with?
>

> The problem is that the washers are very thick, thus
> bit hard to find.  And no, I don't want to put a
> couple of standard washers together.  Not the kind
> of
> restoration I want.
>
> Thanks for the input!
>
> Mical