Re: IF the tranny has to come out...

To: "Adam Bradley" <ambradley@yahoo.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: IF the tranny has to come out...
From: "Dave Stoll" <dgstoll@mint.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 19:41:02 -0500
I replaced my rear main seal by lifting the crank but not far enough to have
the rings come out of the bores of the pistons.   In other words, the rods
do not have to be disconnected.  We spent a lot of time trying to get the
seal thru with various tools  bought for the purpose, but in the end, the
fastest way was to lift the crank, go buy yourself a $50 engine stand and
the job will go much better.  The job is basicly a 1 evening job to do the
rear seal and put the timing stuff back on.
daveS