think I'm in big trouble!

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: think I'm in big trouble!
From: Roman Rist <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:13:40 -0700 (PDT)
This morning, on my way to get coffee, My 70 1600 started to make a
horrible grinding noise like the transmission was going to fall out.
I noticed that my ammeter was going into a sharp discharge as well.

CRAP!!!! I nursed it back home and as I touched the key to turn it off,
everything went back to normal. In an instant I realised that for about
5 minutes or so my starter was engaging the flywheel and the spring in
my ignition switch must be bad.

now I guess I'll see if the starter is toast and how bad the flywheel
is chewed up.

Roman
3 roadsters, yet walking to starbucks to get coffee....crap!

=====
roadsterregistry@yahoo.com
SoCalROC http://www.ameri-eagle.com/datsun/
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/datsunroadstersofca