Re: Steering wheel

To: <Geegc@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Steering wheel
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 13:55:38 -0500 (CDT)
I had similar problems with the copper contact surface wearing through
where the wheel sits with the wheels straight ahead.  I peeled the copper
off and used epoxy to glue a sheet of thin brass onto the remaining
substrate.  I did that about 2 years ago and it is still working fine!

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 Geegc@aol.com wrote:

> The early and late cars use different adapters according to Grant, an LA
>based aftermarket wheel company.  I may have an extra early adapter, with a
>bad horn pick up (the metal ring wears weirdly and then beeps at random times).
>
> GAry C
> red one
> black one,
> but no running one
>

> In a message dated Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:09:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>JCLAY510@aol.com writes:
>
> > i  was told at one time that the steering column was different from the
>early
> > cars to the later (68-70)
> > I have a MoMo as well but the adapter is slightly different from a 510. I
>may
> > be mistaken about the column though. Can anyone clarify?
> >
> > Jimmy "needs another steering wheel too" Claypool
> >
> > ///
> > ///
>
> ///
> ///