Tach Cable question

Subject: Tach Cable question
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 16:58:38 -0700 (PDT)
The tach on my '66 has always been jumpy, but just at
low RPM's.  A month or so ago (just B4 driving to Road
Atlanta), I pulled the cable and greased it by
removing it from the cable housing, lightly greasing
it by hand and re-installing.  It worked much better,
for a little while, but on my drive back and ever
since it is now clanging and jumping around at all
RPM's like crazy.

Do I need a new cable, or did I just not grease it
enough?  If I need a new cable, is it a standard auto
parts store item, or do I need to contact Nissan or a
vendor?  You guys know everything, so....

Mike Harper
'66 1600
'68 2000
Charleston SC