Re: Question

To: "Dennis Louthan" <dennisl@cvinn.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Question
From: "roadster" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 22:33:36 -0700
Hi Dennis,

My approach was different than the others. A while back I installed the
Rallye brass plugs in my '70 Blondie, but don't care much for the
coke-bottle whistle noise. On my '66 Loosie, I took the original injector
plugs and chopped them down in size. Then I used a tap to thread them to
accept a steel screw. The new plug was then ground at the bottom to
perfectly match the contours of the interior chamber of the head. I had the
head off at the time, sitting on my workbench so the work was easily done
with a dremel tool. (I also polished the intake ports.) I inserted a Rallye
brass plug on top of the newly designed injector plug to make sure
everything stayed put.

Fred Katz - So.SF
'66 2L red Loosie
http://www.2xtreme.net/fredkatz/show1.html