Title (was: Mystery Roadster back on eBay)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Title (was: Mystery Roadster back on eBay)
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 18:20:30 -0700
Okay, I've gotta jump in...

It was said:
> I dont think the seller should get condemmed for selling a
> "non-matching" numbers car.

Non-matching numbers between engine and chassis is no big deal.
But in this case, from what I've picked up from the list, the paper title
the owner has does NOT match the physical car, so in reality this is
an untitled vehicle. I think the important point here is that in many
states that car is illegal to register.

A seller is implicitly expected to have the proper proof of ownership.
In this case, it doesn't appear that the seller has any _legal_ title
to the car he's selling.

-- John

///
///