Show

To: Roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Show
From: "Les@CDM" <les@classicdatsun.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 08:59:23 -0700
Thank you for all who came out to make the show a sucess and only
slightly smaller than last years event though it seemed to take alot
more effort to get you all out. It could have been related to current
events which I would completely understand. We ended up with a more
diverse crowd and seemingly  something for almost every taste. Some
extremely beautiful cars and a bunch of new winners this year which is
great for the show. I heard only positive comments on the venue which is
a fantastic backdrop for a carshow and we had people from Canada and
Arizona,Oregon,Washington,Nevada etc. Apparently we did have one person
get mad about the 5$ fee to go through the museums that are on the
grounds  and he burned the tires off and sped away before the lady could
tell him that she would go ahead and let him in. he was pre-registered
and had to have read the entry form and know this was the case. These
people were so nice to deal with and if someone did not have the whole
$5 she let them go and she did not charge alot of the people at all so
for the most part people gladly helped support the museum and many paid
and then did not even go see the cars. Dave Coleman from Sport Compact
Car Mag brought his Rallye 510 which is currently in the points lead fro
the california rallye series and was seeking donations of body parts
because of a recent rollover that just about destroyed the body his car
was a hit. Mossy Nissan brought out a brand new Altima and got a lot of
people over to ralk to them about the new cars. Only a few people
brought out swap meet stuff to sell but that was a new idea this year
and will be even better next year. The new Manager at Nissan Motorsports
sent down a ton of posters that were given away and some T-shirts that
disappeared quickly. The facility made some excellent sandwhiches and
sold Beer and wine. They really liked this group and have extended me
the invitation to hold the show there again next year and judging from
the overall response it sure seems like a great place to do it. So again
Thank you all who came out and please send me any feedback you may have
about the show or location.
Les

--
Les Cannaday