CDM Meet pics up

To: "Autox \(E-mail\)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: CDM Meet pics up
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 10:10:06 -0700
We had a great time at the CDM All Datsun Meet in Escondido yesterday. Pam
and I met Jon Frampton and his daughter Ali, Terry Turpin, Allen Horowitz,
and Fergus O'Farrel and his wife Carmel for a slightly less freeway-intense
route to the show. We Left South coast Plaza shopping center at about 7:30AM
and headed for Ortega Highway. Once over the hill at lake Elsinore, we
picked up interstate 15 for a few miles and got back off the freeway on old
highway 395, which led us directly to the park and winery where the show was
held. A great drive.

Given that the show was nearly cancelled due to low entries, it was a
terrific turnout! 108 cars showed up I am told, covering the spectrum from
roadsters to--I kid you not--Datsun dragsters!

Congratulations to Jon Frampton on his win for best roadster as well as best
in show. There was some awesome competition at this show from all the Datsun
ranks. Great work, Jon!

Another arrival of note was the debut of Bunny Haverick's roadster. Bunny
finally made it, and her car is looking gooood!

The facilities at the Deer Creek park are really great. The cars were on
grass, there was shade and food and even an automotive museum! Thanks to Les
and Dennis at Classic Datsun Motorsports for picking a fine location and
putting on a fitting end of summer bash!

I was feeling so good, I even let Pam drive home!

Posted some pics on Picturetrail. Enjoy.

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=453757&uid=132799