O/T Easy trick to stop virus spreads

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: O/T Easy trick to stop virus spreads
From: "Dave Stoll" <dgstoll@mint.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 19:37:57 -0400
To avoid spreading computer viruses, create a contact in your email address
book with the name !0000
with no email address in the details. This contact will then show up as your
first contact. If a virus attempts
to do a "send all" on your contact list, your pc will put up an error
message saying that: "The Message could
not be sent. One or more recipients do not have an e-mail address. Please
check your Address Book and
make sure all the recipients have a valid e-mail address." You click on OK
and the offending (virus) message
would not have been sent to anyone. Of course no changes have been made to
your original contacts list.
The offending (virus) message may then be automatically stored in your
"Drafts" or
"Outbox" folder. Go in there and delete the offending message. Problem is
solved and virus is not spread.
Try this and pass on to your email contacts. The more people that use this
technique, the less vulnerable
we will be to viruses that spread in this manner!"

The above would help our list members to stop unknowingly spreading viruses.
The more people who do this simple trick the better off we all will be
daveS

///
///