Second Annual Mt. Wilson run

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Second Annual Mt. Wilson run
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 09:25:26 -0700
Hey All,

Thought I would post to the list about yesterday's Mt Wilson run. I do not
think there could have been a better day for it. The sun was out, but it was
cool (at least for SoCal) and the best part of it all was I got to meet some
new roadster people and see some cars I had never seen before.

Some of the "regulars" showed up including me in my 64 1500, Roman Rist in
his 1970 1600, Phil Erickson in his 67.5 FJ-20 conversion, and Tom Prather
in his really nice 69 2000. Victor Laury stopped by in his 240Z to wish us
well, but he headed off to help Gary Cohen with his engine pull.

However, some new faces came out to run up Angeles Crest Highway with us.
First was Gilles de Bonfihls in his 69 Solex 2000. His car is mechnically a
monster and his solexes were roaring up the hill. Next came a family affair.
Ray and Grazina (hope I spelled that right) Tampauskas (hope I spelled that
right too) showed up in a 69 2000. What made this car so unique is that they
are the original owners and it is on of the most beautiful unrestored cars I
have ever seen. Except for one door it has the original 665 off white paint
with the red interior.

Their daughter Vilia showed up in a 1970 1600 that can best be described as
a roadster with attitude although Vilia says it's the driver who has the
attitude. I liked the chromed skull stick shift knob...

We headed up the highway and stopped off at the base of Mt. Wilson for a
short break and to look at each other's cars. Then we drove up to the top
and lined the cars up for a photo op.

After that we continued up to the top of the run and stopped off at a
roadside restaurant for lunch and then we headed home. It was a great time
and I enjoyed meeting the new club members. I look forward to future runs
and good times.

See you on the road!

Andrew Murphy
64 1500