Re: OT old lathe tune up

To: "Dan Neuman" <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OT old lathe tune up
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 06:51:53 -0400
When I rebuilt my tranny I used laquer thinner and soaked them in that and
if it was too gunked I used a tooth brush and some Gunk to remove the rest
of the grease. I then either rinsed them off in water or blew them clean
with my air gun. After washing them I immediately blew off the water and
immersed the gears in WD40 and then put engine oil on them to protect them.

Not pretty or clean work but worth it.

Mike