Help on a 1500 Insulator block

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Help on a 1500 Insulator block
From: BARTERDUDE@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 09:10:21 EDT
Anyone in the group have an insulator block for the single carburetor 1500?
This is the piece that fits between the Carb and the intake manifold.  I am
running with modified gaskets, but apparently the gasoline now has ethanol
and a high boiling point, so I am getting the Carb bowl boiling and a vapor
lock problem because the Carb is too close to the manifold and passing heat.

The Bakelite block diameter is fine, but the thickness might be too much
(puts the air filter too close to the firewall) and the stud positions are to
far apart.  About a 1/4" on each side.

Any ideals or help would be appreciated.

Gary Lasater
Founding Member www.WYCROC.org
1963 SPL31000289B 1500 Single Carb Fairlady
newest addition 1969 2000 - SRL311-12536
1970 1600 - SPL311-28169 (one of the last of the group)
Parker CO 8134

///
///