More lovely weather...(and another non-tech post)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: More lovely weather...(and another non-tech post)
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 04:03:12 +0000
Hey you guys,

If I ever post something constructive here, you'll all be sure to tell me
off, won't you?  ;)

Anyway, due to a really gorgeous spring day on Saturday (~26deg C) Kirstyn
and I hopped into Ladybird ('68 2000) and headed off to Yarra Glen, and the
surrounding wineries.  Well, sunshine, wine, country roads, easy cruising,
wine, picnic, great photo's, wine and a great day had by us both!  Did I
mention that we tried some wine? :)  Fortunately, they all have places for
you to spit when tasting, which is kinda handy if you have to drive away
later...
Car ran like a sewing machine, or growled like a tiger, depending on how
much I hit the "loud" pedal!  I took it pretty easy, actually, just enjoying
the views and the beautiful scenery.  Most unlike me ;)

Oh, pulled up at one winery, and there in front of me was a ROW of old
pre-war Bentleigh tourers - speed sixes and the like!  More chrome than you
could poke a stick at, bigger wheels than a riceboys Honda Civic, and BOY
were they BIG!  There was also some RR style 50's Bentleighs - (dullo) and
(joy of joys) a 1928 Bugatti! (I get excited because my great-grandfather
and grandfather used to race one of those babies, and it's the first I've
seen on the road).

Just gorgeous (photo's to follow, when I finally get them scanned).
Anyway, that's sunny Melbourne for you - perfect roadstering weather two
weekends in a row!

Cheers,
Steve