Re: Infamous Yahoo! auction now on eBay

To: datsunmike <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: Infamous Yahoo! auction now on eBay
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 18:01:56 -0700 (PDT)
Seller posted it on Yahoo! auctions four or five times.  First time
with a $10,000 minimum bid, then a $5,000 minimum.  No bids either
time.

Then they listed it with a really low minimum and no reserve.  The
price got to ~$2600, and then a higher bid from the same small Colorado
town as the seller ended up being the high bid.

The car reappeared a while later on Yahoo! auctions with again a really
low minimum/no reserve, again from the same seller.  People asked "if
I'm the winning bidder with a $500 bid, will I get the car?" and the
answer from the seller was a definite "yes".

I don't recall if there were any negative comments, but I posted a
message saying they cheated by outbidding the high bidder on a previous
auction to avoid selling it for the true high bid price, and that I was
complaining to Yahoo!, and I encouraged everyone to avoid bidding on
the car since the previous auction was bogus.  The auction was
cancelled that day.

--- datsunmike <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> Please explain. I'm ignorant but I did see it previously posted on
> Ebay a
> few months ago.
>
> Mike

=====