[Fwd: OT /water in a nuclear reactor]

To: datsun roadster mailist <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: OT /water in a nuclear reactor]
From: Russell Southwell <rulee@cityscape.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:44:42 -0500
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:40:08 -0500
From: Russell Southwell <rulee@cityscape.net>
To: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Subject: OT /water in a nuclear reactor

Marc, with the lid off a nuclear reactor about 9ft in diameter, you have 100
ft of
water and about 300 milirems an hr radiation  in the room (baring hot spots)
without the water you could not run across the room ,30 ft. without falling
dead
as in toast. in the drywell around the reactor room you have a thirty ft deep
pool
100 ft diameter for emergency cooling, any thing goes wrong those reactors
heat faster than a roadster <-" roadster content".> with the lid off the water
in the reactor glows a bright phosphresent blue. the radiation also changes
your genes, which is why they like older nuclear workers, you generally die
before your claims come up in court.
last time I went to body count they said I had some carbon 59  that I could
live with
all my own. it will still be there when the bones are gone.
Russ Southwell 70 1600 ( former nuclear worker)
snyler wrote:

> Brian Hollands wrote
>
> >This may be a rather arcane question but...  On the late cars, the clock
> >has an adjustment
> >on the back for slow or fast running.  The question is do I turn the
> >adjuster toward the S
> >to slow it down or I turn it toward S if it is currently running slow?
> Which raises the question: What does "You can't have too much water in a
> nuclear reactor" mean?
>
> ...not that I have one or anything...
>
> -Marc

> Marc Tyler
> Sisterdale TX
> 1970 1600 #SPL311-31016 "The Jaundiced Kid II"
> 1965 L-320 #L320 013642 "Domino"
> 1965 L-320 Parts car    Don't name a chicken you're going to eat.
>
> http://datsun_marc.tripod.com/cgi-bin/datsun_homepage.html
>
> ///
> ///

///