Re: Throwout bearing

To: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>,
Subject: Re: Throwout bearing
From: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 06:52:52 -0700
snyler wrote:

> Is there a handy dandy trick to removing and replacing the throwout
> bearing onto its carrier (using stone knives and bear skins, of course).
> Would I be advised to have a shop do the replacing?

Marc,
If you have the engine and transmission out of the car, with the
TO bearing in your hand, take it to a machine shop for them
to press the old bearing off the bearing sleeve.  They will probably
have a minimum charge to press off the old and then press on the
new one. Have the new bearing ready to put back on the sleeve.
Shouldn't take then even a half hour.  Cost is probably
$10 to $20 as a guess.  You probably wouldn't get it apart without
a press though.
Bob
67.5
Moscow