Re:

To: Stephen McCartney <sgam@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re:
From: Fred Schroeder <roadster@texoma.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:35:55 -0500
Howdy Steve,

Yes, the badges can be threaded provided that they are metal and not plastic.  I
did mine with a 6/32 die and put then on with nylock nuts.  The "DATSUN" hood
leters are plastic.  Plus, the posts are so close that you couldn't get a die on
them anyway.

Be careful when threading the posts on the badges as they are a bit fragile.
Use a 8/32 die followed by the 6/32.  The 8/32 shaves off enough metal so that
6/32 doesn't break a post.  I speak from experience.  I was lucky to have enough
post left to get a nut on but I certainly broke one trying the 6/32 first.  Hold
the die in your hand and back it off to clear the threads offen. 1/4 to 1/2 turn
at a time is all you want.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
Denison, TX