Re: weird noise

To: datsun roadster mailist <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: weird noise
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 13:21:35 -0700
Too bad you can't be more descriptive, like "braaapa... braapa... huuha...
huuha" or whatever.

I'm embarassed to say I had some funny noise coming out of my car, and tracked
it down to loose emblem letters on the front of the hood. They sure make a
racket if the clips are loose behind the letters. Some loctite fixed that. Other
noises I fixed were coming from a couple loose body to frame bolts, and loose
fender screws. Also check your bumper to frame bolts, shock absorber mounts, and
front suspension bolts. If it were a wheel problem you'd probably feel some
shimmy on the road, but it wouldn't hurt to check the wheel bearings, the
caliper bolts, and lugs.

Fred - So.SF