Re: POR15 or Hammerite

To: " roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: POR15 or Hammerite
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 08:03:07 -0500
datsunmike wrote

>Tim,
>
>I have used both paints and I believe that POR15 is the better of the 2 as
>long as the paint is not exposed to sunlight.
>
>POR15 is a moisture cured urethane and it's extremely hard and durable.
>Hammerite is an oil paint.
>
>Mike

To muddy the waters a  bit, I just used Corroless on parts of the
roadster's frame as a primer with an epoxy topcoat...We'll see how it
lasts.  I wouldn't dis' oil paint... there are some 550 year old oil
paintings that still look pretty nice ;^)

Marc T.

Marc Tyler
Sisterdale TX
1970 1600 #SPL311-31016 "The Jaundiced Kid II"
1965 L-320 #L320 013642 "Domino"
1965 L-320 Parts car    Don't name a chicken you're going to eat.

http://datsun_marc.tripod.com/cgi-bin/datsun_homepage.html

///
///