Re: 64-1500 For Sale in Fresno, CA

To: Ldino21@aol.com, CDADDYO@prodigy.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 64-1500 For Sale in Fresno, CA
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 19:27:49 -0700 (PDT)
I wonder if the VIN tag was from a different car.  Do you have a
picture of the plate?  Did you get a look at the VIN on the frame?

Here's the description from Rallye:

65 1500 SPL310-10000 to end (est. 11124)
opening triangle vent windows, a chrome strip for a trunk handle (but
with external trunk hinges), 2 large and 4 small gauges, and individual
hood letters. A true 65 would also have 2 suitcase-type (or J-hook
type) top to windshield latches, NOT 3 knurled knobs like the 62-64's.
A true 65 would also have a large rear deck like the 1600's (about 2
1/2 feet deep). The battery would be under the hood, not behind the
passenger seat like the earlier 1500's. All 1500's should have small
flare fenders with side trim running all the way to the headlight
scoop. All 1500's were positive ground and had drum front brakes.(I
have seen some late 65's that have discs, but all have been 2nd or
later owner so as yet I haven't found one I was sure hadn't been
converted).

--- Ldino21@aol.com wrote:
> Went and looked at the car today,it was parked on a busy street
> corner. It is
> actually a 65-1500 not a 64 said it plain as day on the VIN tag also
> the
> engine did match the vin tag.
> The engine and body are in very good condition,
> The doors do need some adjusting as they sag when you open the doors.
>
> The car has been completely primered even though there are some
> little bad
> spots that need to be touched up.
> The trim seems to be all there and is in excellent condition, same
> with the
> grill.
> There is no carpet in the car, the seats had cheap covers on them and
> weren't
> even bolted down
> There is no soft top for the car, also the 3rd seat is missing.
> The windshield looks like a baseball hit it because it is cracked
> pretty bad.
> The windshield frame is pretty pitted but looks as if it can be
> salvaged and
> rechromed.
> There were a number af spare parts in the trunk mostly engine
> related.
> I asked him why he was selling it, he said he found it in his
> grandfathers
> old barn and he has a Toyota Landcruiser that he is putting most of
> his money
> to.
> I took some pictures and will try to get them developed and posted by
>
> Wednesday.
> He is aking $2500 obo, he said he has had an offer of $800 two months
> ago
> before he got it running and said no way.
>
> Again here is the ad:
> DATSUN 1964 Roadster runs, lots of new parts, must see to appreciate.
>
> $2,500/obo. 226-4651

=====
Adam
'70 1600 SPL311-28181