Re: Update on roadster in Philly with locking brakes...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Update on roadster in Philly with locking brakes...
From: dana nojima <noji-1@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:34:30 -0700
David,

Depending on how much you drive your car and how long it has been
stored, you should check out the condition of your rear brake
cylindars.  These are made of aluminum and I've found if they are
leaking, tend to get a build up of corrosion, pit, and in general stop
working.  Because they are aluminum they can not be honed.  It sounds
like they are not releasing correctly, thus when you dive they heat up
and lock up. If so THEY NEED TO BE REPLACED!  You can take them out and
see if the pistons are able to move freely without hanging up.

Dana

--
Dana Nojima, Ph.D.
HYSEQ, Inc.