A short Datsun Story

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: A short Datsun Story
From: Robert.Long@CSDInc.com
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:29:50 -0600
Dear List,

I'm hoping to repaint my 67.5 1600 this coming spring.  Last night
I decided to do a little sanding on the hood.  So, I back up the
83 280ZX (no painting necessary, it's looking great), pull the
Roadster out of the garage, and get to work.

One of my neighbors has a couple of teenage sons, 16 and 17ish,
and their friends are always coming around to pick them up, and
hang out.  Well, last night I notice a car pulling into their
drive way, and the driver is checking me out on the way past my house.
Sure enough he comes over and says, "Hey, can I check out your Datsun?"

At this point, my Roadster has been stripped of all badges, side trim, etc.
Just enough left to keep it street legal.  By the way, the 83 280ZX is
badged
as: Datsun 280ZX by Nissan.  So I figure he wants to check out the Z, right?

Figuring he's clueless, I say: "Which one?"
Much to my amazement, he says:  "I'm old school, the Roadster!"

Take care everyone...Robert - 67.5 1600 - Abq